Facials are recommended every 4-6 weeks to maintain healthy, glowing skin. It should be added to your regular skincare routine if you want to keep your skin balanced, and keep those breakouts at bay. Here are some dos and don’ts before and after a facial.
– Keep skin hydrated and drink lots of water to flush out all the toxins to keep that healthy, glowy complexion we all love immediately after the facial. More hydration means longer lasting results.
– Keep up with an exfoliant. Dead skin cells build up and depending on the facial, it is recommended to start your exfoliant 3 days after your facial and keep it up 2-3 days per week. The type of skin you present with, type of exfoliant and what treatments you receive will all help determine how often you should exfoliate.
– Use a brightening serum. We love our Vitamin C rich antioxidants and our Lytera. The goal is to brighten dull skin and boost collagen production. Brightening serums keep the skin balanced, toned and radiant.
– Follow your Aesthetician’s advice. We are always here to help you along your skin journey. Our recommendation are customized with your best interest in mind.
– Book your next monthly facial appointment. We offer packages on all of our services and pre-purchasing a series is the best way to stay committed and keep your skin looking its best!
– Try to avoid a spray tan as your skin tone will be slightly off. We have also noticed that when patients receive a spray tan to the face, they are more likely to have breakouts. No thanks!
– Don’t exfoliate our use high percentage retinols 48 hours before your appointment. We don’t want your skin to be over-sensitized and react poorly to the treatment.
– Avoid the steam room or heavy workouts that can make you sweat heavily. We just cleaned your skin, and some inflammation can happen. We suggest waiting 24-48 hours after your treatment to resume those heat related activities.
– Wax, shave or have laser hair removal immediately after. We do allow laser hair removal appointments to be booked right before the treatment, but not after. Waxing and shaving is permitted before, but not after.
– Spend time in the sun immediately after your appointment. Let your skin soak up all the goodness it just received and do not expose it to harmful UV rays. You are more likely to get a sunburn to the skin if you are exposed to sun immediately after an exfoliating facial
– Pick at the skin. Please just don’t. If we didn’t get it the first time there was a reason why. We will always explain what we are doing to the skin and what it can handle.
Ready to put these facial dos and don’ts into action? We look forward to helping you meet your skin care goals, give us a call to book your facial treatment at Honolulu MedSpa. Call us today at 808.528.0888